Choba Choba Foundation
Thank you for visiting and using our websites and our social media pages. This Notice explains how and for what purposes we use the information collected about you through our Sites or via offline programs or events.
1. SCOPE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE AND YOUR CONSENT
By using our Sites or by giving us your personal data, you accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please refrain from using or visiting our Sites or providing personal data.
Choba Choba Foundation reserves the right to make changes to this Privacy Notice at any time and we will communicate to you any substantial changes.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLECT ABOUT YOU
We only collect personal information that is necessary for a specific purpose or that you provide to us with your consent, based on your actions and behaviors or for a legitimate reason:
- Personal contact information, such as name, first name, full address and e-mail address, telephone number, gender or geographic location ;
- Your comments or any photos, videos and personal stories that you share with us ;
- our profiles on social networks ;
- Payment information, credit cards and billing addresses to which only our service provider has access.
We may collect personal data about you form third party data aggregators (e.g. Google), promotional partners, public sources and third party social networking sites. Such information may include personal data as part of your profile on a third party social network and that you allow that third party to share with us, pursuant to their rules.
3. WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA AND USE IT
We may collect and use your personal data for a number of purposes, including:
- To answer your questions ;
- To process your donations and manage our relations with our patrons ;
- To send you information, especially through newsletters ;
- To carry out a recruitment process ;
- To organize our volunteer missions based on your application ;
- To contact you for marketing purposes with your consent ;
- To combine with information we receive from third party to help understand your needs and to provide you with better service, including customizing sites and serving you interest-based advertising;
- For security and maintenance of our Sites; for reporting; and for risk, dispute and record management.
4. WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal information to affiliates, partners with similar purposes (such as other not-for-profit entities), service providers (e.g. the donation platform RaiseNow AG), marketing agencies (e.g. to send you our newsletters) or authorities. We require that these third parties, who may be based outside the country from which you accessed our Sites, comply with all laws relating to personal data.
5. HOW DO WE STORE, SECURE AND RETAIN DATA
We take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect the personal data we hold against loss, unauthorised access or disclosure and against other misuse. Your personal data will not be sold or disclosed to any other third parties except as provided in the Privacy Notice.
When the personal data that we collect is no longer required for the given purpose, or for legal requirements, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You can request access to the personal data we hold about you by contacting us. You have the right to tell us if you would like to withdraw your consent, correct, update or delete your personal data in our records. To assist us in dealing with your request, please provide your full name and details.
You may opt-out at any time from marketing communications by following the ‘opt-out’ options provided or by contacting us. You may also limit the use of tracking technologies (such as cookies for which you can set your browser to warn you before accepting them, or you can simply set it to refuse them).
The Choba Choba Foundation, registered in Switzerland acts as “data controller” for the personal data it processes in the framework of this Privacy Notice. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular mail at c/o Joel Ruf, Vogesenstrasse 148, CH- 4056 Basel, Switzerland.